- Practice exams for students so that students can become familiar with the format and questions.
- Identify academic strengths and weaknesses.
- Encourage perseverance in answering the questions.
- Help students understand that topics that were learned as junior high students such pre-algebra, percents, and fractions are tested in a way that may be unfamiliar to the student. Therefore, a deep understanding of these and other fundamental concepts are critical in achieving the best score for the student.
- Teach test taking and time management skills.
- Help students understand the importance of these tests without stressing out the student.
Once It Clicks offers private tutoring for the SAT/ACT test. Studies show that the best way to prepare for college admission tests is go take a rigorous course load in high school. We agree with this perspective because it is very difficult to learn problem solving and critical thinking in a short period of time. We emphasize the following: